1. Then I turned, and lifted up my eyes, and looked, and behold a flying scroll.
2. And he said unto me, What see you? And I answered, I see a flying scroll; its length is twenty cubits, and its breadth ten cubits.
3. Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goes forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that steals shall be cut off according to the writing on this side; and every one that swears falsely shall be cut off according to the writing on that side.
4. I will bring it forth, says the LORD of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that swears falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with its timber and its stones.
5. Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now your eyes, and see what is this that goes forth.
6. And I said, What is it? And he said, This is the basket that goes forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.
7. And, behold, there was lifted up a cover of lead: and there was a woman that sits in the midst of the basket.
8. And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast her into the midst of the basket; and he cast the cover of lead upon its mouth.
9. Then I lifted up my eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven.
10. Then said I to the angel that talked with me, where do these take the basket?
11. And he said unto me, To build it a house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon its own base.