1. Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he has torn, and he will heal us; he has smitten, and he will bind us up.
2. After two days will he revive us: on the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
3. Let us know, let us press on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
4. O Ephraim, what shall I do unto you? O Judah, what shall I do unto you? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goes away.
5. Therefore have I hewn them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and your judgments are as the light that goes forth.
6. For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
7. But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.
8. Gilead is a city of them that work iniquity, and is defiled with blood.
9. And as bands of robbers wait for a man, so the company of priests murder in the way by consent: for they commit lewdness.
10. I have seen a horrible thing in the house of Israel: there is the harlotry of Ephraim, Israel is defiled.
11. Also, O Judah, he has appointed a harvest for you, when I return the captives of my people.