1. The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
2. Now, you son of man, take up a lamentation for Tyre;
3. And say unto Tyre, O you that are situated at the entrance of the sea, which are a merchant of the people for many coastlands, Thus says the Lord GOD; O Tyre, you have said, I am of perfect beauty.
4. Your borders are in the midst of the seas, your builders have perfected your beauty.
5. They have made all your ship planks of fir trees of Senir: they have taken cedars from Lebanon to make masts for you.
6. Of the oaks of Bashan have they made your oars; the company of Ashurites have made your planks of inlaid ivory, brought out of the coasts of Kittim.
7. Fine linen with embroidered work from Egypt was that which you spread forth to be your sail; blue and purple from the coasts of Elishah was that which covered you.
8. The inhabitants of Sidon and Arvad were your mariners: your wise men, O Tyre, that were in you, were your pilots.
9. The elders of Gebal and its wise men were in you as your caulkers: all the ships of the sea with their oarsmen were in you to market your merchandise.
10. They of Persia and of Lud and of Phut were in your army, your men of war: they hung the shield and helmet in you; they set forth your splendor.
11. The men of Arvad with your army were upon your walls round about, and the Gammadim were in your towers: they hung their shields upon your walls round about; they have made your beauty perfect.
12. Tarshish was your merchant because of the multitude of all kinds of riches; with silver, iron, tin, and lead, they traded in your wares.
13. Javan, Tubal, and Meshech, they were your merchants: they traded the persons of men and vessels of bronze in your market.
14. They of the house of Togarmah traded in your wares with horses and horsemen and mules.
15. The men of Dedan were your merchants; many coastlands were the markets of your hand: they brought you for a present tusks of ivory and ebony.
16. Syria was your merchant because of the multitude of the wares of your making: they traded in your wares with emeralds, purple, and embroidered work, and fine linen, and coral, and agate.
17. Judah, and the land of Israel, they were your merchants: they traded in your market wheat from Minnith, and olives, and honey, and oil, and balm.
18. Damascus was your merchant in the multitude of the wares of your making, for the multitude of great wealth; in the wine of Helbon, and white wool.
19. Dedan also and Javan going to and fro traded in your wares: wrought iron, cassia, and calamus, were in your market.
20. Dedan was your merchant in saddle blankets for riding.
21. Arabia, and all the princes of Kedar, they traded with you in lambs, and rams, and goats: in these were they your merchants.
22. The merchants of Sheba and Raamah, they were your merchants: they traded in your fairs with the best of all spices, and with all precious stones, and gold.
23. Haran, and Canneh, and Eden, the merchants of Sheba, Asshur, and Chilmad, were your merchants.
24. These were your merchants in all sorts of things, in blue clothes, and embroidered work, and in rugs of many colors, bound with cords, and made secure, among your merchandise.
25. The ships of Tarshish were carriers for you in your market: and you were filled, and made very glorious in the midst of the seas.
26. Your rowers have brought you into great waters: the east wind has broken you in the midst of the seas.
27. Your riches, and your wares, your merchandise, your mariners, and your pilots, your caulkers, and the traders of your merchandise, and all your men of war, that are in you, and in all your company which is in the midst of you, shall fall into the midst of the seas in the day of your ruin.
28. The pasture lands shall shake at the sound of the cry of your pilots.
29. And all that handle the oar, the mariners, and all the pilots of the sea, shall come down from their ships, they shall stand upon the land;
30. And shall cause their voice to be heard against you, and shall cry bitterly, and shall cast up dust upon their heads, they shall wallow in the ashes:
31. And they shall make themselves utterly bald for you, and gird them with sackcloth, and they shall weep for you with bitterness of heart and bitter wailing.
32. And in their wailing they shall take up a lamentation for you, and lament over you, saying, What city is like Tyre, like that destroyed in the midst of the sea?
33. When your wares went forth out on the seas, you filled many people; you did enrich the kings of the earth with the multitude of your riches and of your merchandise.
34. In the time when you shall be broken by the seas in the depths of the waters your merchandise and all your company in the midst of you shall fall.
35. All the inhabitants of the coastlands shall be astonished at you, and their kings shall be greatly afraid, they shall be troubled in their countenance.
36. The merchants among the people shall hiss at you; you shall become a terror, and never shall be any more.