1. And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the first day of the month, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2. Son of man, because that Tyre has said against Jerusalem, Aha, she is broken that was the gates of the people: she is turned over unto me: I shall be replenished, now she is laid waste:
3. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against you, O Tyre, and will cause many nations to come up against you, as the sea causes its waves to come up.
4. And they shall destroy the walls of Tyre, and break down her towers: I will also scrape her dust from her, and make her like the top of a rock.
5. It shall be a place for the spreading of nets in the midst of the sea: for I have spoken it, says the Lord GOD: and it shall become a plunder to the nations.
6. And her daughters who are in the field shall be slain by the sword; and they shall know that I am the LORD.
7. For thus says the Lord GOD; Behold, I will bring upon Tyre Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, a king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and companies, and many people.
8. He shall slay with the sword your daughters in the field: and he shall set up a seige wall against you, and cast a mound against you, and lift up a large shield against you.
9. And he shall set battering rams against your walls, and with his axes he shall break down your towers.
10. Because of the abundance of his horses their dust shall cover you: your walls shall shake at the noise of the horsemen, and of the wheels, and of the chariots, when he shall enter into your gates, as men enter into a city in which is made a breach.
11. With the hoofs of his horses shall he tread down all your streets: he shall slay your people by the sword, and your strong garrisons shall go down to the ground.
12. And they shall plunder your riches, and make a prey of your merchandise: and they shall break down your walls, and destroy your pleasant houses: and they shall lay your stones and your timber and your dust in the midst of the water.
13. And I will cause the noise of your songs to cease; and the sound of your harps shall be no more heard.
14. And I will make you like the top of a rock: you shall be a place to spread nets upon; you shall be rebuilt no more: for I the LORD have spoken it, says the Lord GOD.
15. Thus says the Lord GOD to Tyre; Shall not the coastlands shake at the sound of your fall, when the wounded cry, when the slaughter is made in the midst of you?
16. Then all the princes of the sea shall come down from their thrones, and lay away their robes, and put off their embroidered garments: they shall clothe themselves with trembling; they shall sit upon the ground, and shall tremble at every moment, and be astonished at you.
17. And they shall take up a lamentation for you, and say to you, How are you destroyed, that were inhabited by seafaring men, the renowned city, which was strong in the sea, she and her inhabitants, who cause their terror to be on all that inhabit it!
18. Now shall the coastlands tremble in the day of your fall; yea, the coastlands that are by the sea shall be troubled at your departure.
19. For thus says the Lord GOD; When I shall make you a desolate city, like the cities that are not inhabited; when I shall bring up the deep upon you, and great waters shall cover you;
20. When I shall bring you down with them that descend into the pit, with the people of old, and shall set you in the lowest parts of the earth, in places desolate of old, with them that go down to the pit, that you be not inhabited; and I shall give glory in the land of the living;
21. I will make you a terror, and you shall be no more: though you are sought for, yet shall you never be found again, says the Lord GOD.