1. And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon your feet, and I will speak unto you.
2. And the Spirit entered into me when he spoke unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spoke unto me.
3. And he said unto me, Son of man, I send you to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
4. For they are impudent children and stubborn. I do send you unto them; and you shall say unto them, Thus says the Lord GOD.
5. And they, whether they will hear, or whether they refuse, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there has been a prophet among them.
6. And you, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns are with you, and you do dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.
7. And you shall speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they refuse: for they are most rebellious.
8. But you, son of man, hear what I say unto you; Be not you rebellious like that rebellious house: open your mouth, and eat what I give you.
9. And when I looked, behold, a hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a scroll of a book was in it;
10. And he spread it before me; and it was written inside and outside: and there was written in it lamentations, and mourning, and woe.