1. For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until its righteousness goes forth as brightness, and its salvation as a lamp that burns.
2. And the Gentiles shall see your righteousness, and all kings your glory: and you shall be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.
3. You shall also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
4. You shall no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall your land any more be termed Desolate: but you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah: for the LORD delights in you, and your land shall be married.
5. For as a young man marries a virgin, so shall your sons marry you: and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.
6. I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, who shall never hold their peace day nor night: you that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence.
7. And give him no rest, till he establishes, and till he makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
8. The LORD has sworn by his right hand, and by the arm of his strength, Surely I will no more give your grain to be food for your enemies; and the sons of the foreigner shall not drink your wine, for which you have labored:
9. But they that have gathered it shall eat it and praise the LORD; and they that have brought it together shall drink it in the courts of my holiness.
10. Go through, go through the gates; prepare you the way of the people; build up, build up the highway; gather out the stones; lift up a banner for the people.
11. Behold, the LORD has proclaimed unto the ends of the earth, Say you to the daughter of Zion, Behold, your salvation comes; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
12. And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the LORD: and you shall be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken.