1. Awake, awake; put on your strength, O Zion; put on your beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for no longer, there shall no more come into you the uncircumcised and the unclean.
2. Shake yourself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose yourself from the bonds of your neck, O captive daughter of Zion.
3. For thus says the LORD, You have sold yourselves for nothing; and you shall be redeemed without money.
4. For thus says the Lord GOD, My people went down at first into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.
5. Now therefore, what have I here, says the LORD, that my people are taken away for nothing? they that rule over them make them to wail, says the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.
6. Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that does speak: behold, it is I.
7. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that brings good tidings, that publishes peace; that brings good tidings of good, that publishes salvation; that says unto Zion, Your God reigns!
8. Your watchmen shall lift up their voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion.
9. Break forth into joy, sing together, you waste places of Jerusalem: for the LORD has comforted his people, he has redeemed Jerusalem.
10. The LORD has made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.
11. Depart you, depart you, go out from there, touch no unclean thing; go out of the midst of her; be you clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.
12. For you shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rear guard.
13. Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.
14. As many were astonished at you; so his appearance was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:
15. So shall he startle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.