1. Behold my servant, whom I uphold; my elect, in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
3. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth justice unto truth.
4. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he has established justice in the earth: and the coastlands shall wait for his law.
5. Thus says God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which comes out of it; he that gives breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk in it:
6. I the LORD have called you in righteousness, and will hold your hand, and will keep you, and give you for a covenant to the people, for a light to the Gentiles;
7. To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
8. I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
9. Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
10. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the ends of the earth, you that go down to the sea, and all that is in it; the coastlands, and its inhabitants.
11. Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar does inhabit: let the inhabitants of Sela sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.
12. Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the coastlands.
13. The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, shout aloud; he shall prevail against his enemies.
14. I have long time held my peace; I have been still, and restrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.
15. I will lay waste the mountains and hills, and dry up all their vegetation; and I will turn the rivers into islands, and I will dry up the pools.
16. And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
17. They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, you are our gods.
18. Hear, you deaf; and look, you blind, that you may see.
19. Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger whom I sent? who is blind as he who is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant?
20. Seeing many things, but you observe not; opening the ears, but he hears not.
21. The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honorable.
22. But this is a people robbed and plundered; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivers; for a spoil, and none says, Restore.
23. Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?
24. Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the LORD, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.
25. Therefore he has poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it has set him on fire all around, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.