1. O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you, I will praise your name; for you have done wonderful things; your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
2. For you have made of a city a heap; of a fortified city a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built.
3. Therefore shall the strong people glorify you, the city of the terrible nations shall fear you.
4. For you have been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, for the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
5. You shall bring down the noise of aliens, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the song of the terrible ones shall be brought low.
6. And on this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of rich things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
7. And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations.
8. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD has spoken it.
9. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
10. For in this mountain shall the hand of the LORD rest, and Moab shall be trodden down under him, even as straw is trodden down for the refuse heap.
11. And he shall spread forth his hands in the midst of them, as he that swims spreads forth his hands to swim: and he shall bring down their pride together with the trickery of their hands.
12. And the fortress of the high fort of your walls shall he bring down, lay low, and bring to the ground, even to the dust.