1. The song of songs, which is Solomon's.
2. Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for your love is better than wine.
3. Because of the fragrance of your good ointments your name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love you.
4. Draw me, we will run after you: the king has brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in you, we will remember your love more than wine: the upright love you.
5. I am dark, but lovely, O you daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
6. Look not upon me, because I am dark, because the sun has darkened me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but my own vineyard have I not kept.
7. Tell me, O you whom my soul loves, where you feed, where you make your flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turns aside by the flocks of your companions?
8. If you know not, O you fairest among women, go your way forth in the footsteps of the flock, and feed your kids beside the shepherds' tents.
9. I have compared you, O my love, to a mare of Pharaoh's chariots.
10. Your cheeks are lovely with rows of jewels, your neck with chains of gold.
11. We will make you ornaments of gold with studs of silver.
12. While the king sits at his table, my perfume sends forth its fragrance.
13. A bundle of myrrh is my beloved unto me; he shall lie all night between my breasts.
14. My beloved is unto me as a cluster of henna blossoms in the vineyards of Engedi.
15. Behold, you are fair, my love; behold, you are fair; you have doves' eyes.
16. Behold, you are handsome, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green.
17. The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir.