1. As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honor is not fitting for a fool.
2. As the bird by flitting, as the swallow by flying, so the curse without cause shall not alight.
3. A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the fool's back.
4. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like unto him.
5. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.
6. He that sends a message by the hand of a fool cuts off the feet, and drinks violence.
7. The legs of the lame are not equal: so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
8. As he that binds a stone in a sling, so is he that gives honor to a fool.
9. As a thorn goes up into the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
10. The great God that formed all things gives the fool his hire, and the transgressor his wages.
11. As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool returns to his folly.
12. See a man wise in his own eyes? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
13. The slothful man says, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.
14. As the door turns upon its hinges, so does the slothful upon his bed.
15. The slothful hides his hand in his dish; it grieves him to bring it again to his mouth.
16. The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes than seven men that can answer reasonably.
17. He that passes by, and meddles with a quarrel not belonging to him, is like one that takes a dog by the ears.
18. As a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death,
19. So is the man that deceives his neighbor, and says, Am I not jesting?
20. Where no wood is, there the fire goes out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceases.
21. As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.
22. The words of a talebearer are tasty morsels, and they go down into the innermost parts of the body.
23. Burning lips and a wicked heart are like a potsherd covered with silver dross.
24. He that hates disguises it with his lips, and lays up deceit within himself;
25. When he speaks graciously, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart.
26. Whosoever’s hatred is covered by deceit, his wickedness shall be revealed before the whole assembly.
27. Whosoever digs a pit shall fall in it: and he that rolls a stone, it will return upon him.
28. A lying tongue hates those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth works ruin.