1. The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turns it wherever he will.
2. Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD weighs the hearts.
3. To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
4. A haughty look, a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.
5. The thoughts of the diligent lead only to plenty; but of everyone that is hasty, only to want.
6. The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.
7. The violence of the wicked shall destroy them; because they refuse to do justice.
8. The way of man is perverse and strange: but as for the pure, his work is right.
9. It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a contentious woman in a whole house.
10. The soul of the wicked desires evil: his neighbor finds no favor in his eyes.
11. When the scoffer is punished, the simple is made wise: and when the wise is instructed, he receives knowledge.
12. The righteous man wisely considers the house of the wicked: but God overthrows the wicked for their wickedness.
13. Whosoever stops his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.
14. A gift in secret averts anger: and a bribe in the bosom, strong wrath.
15. It is joy to the just to do justice: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
16. The man that wanders out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.
17. He that loves pleasure shall be a poor man: he that loves wine and oil shall not be rich.
18. The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.
19. It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and angry woman.
20. There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spends it up.
21. He that follows after righteousness and mercy finds life, righteousness, and honor.
22. A wise man scales the city of the mighty, and casts down the stronghold in which they trust.
23. Whosoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps his soul from troubles.
24. Proud and haughty scoffer is his name, who deals in arrogant pride.
25. The desire of the slothful kills him; for his hands refuse to labor.
26. He covets greedily all the day long: but the righteous gives and spares not.
27. The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination: how much more, when he brings it with a wicked mind?
28. A false witness shall perish: but the man that hears speaks constantly.
29. A wicked man hardens his face: but as for the upright, he considers his way.
30. There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.
31. The horse is prepared for the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.