1. Whosoever loves instruction loves knowledge: but he that hates reproof is senseless.
2. A good man obtains favor of the LORD: but a man of wicked intentions will he condemn.
3. A man shall not be established by wickedness: but the root of the righteous shall not be moved.
4. A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that makes ashamed is like rottenness in his bones.
5. The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.
6. The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
7. The wicked are overthrown, and are not: but the house of the righteous shall stand.
8. A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
9. He that is despised, and has a servant, is better than he that honors himself, and lacks bread.
10. A righteous man regards the life of his animal: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
11. He that tills his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that follows vain persons is void of understanding.
12. The wicked desires the net of evil men: but the root of the righteous yields fruit.
13. The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall escape from trouble.
14. A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompense of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.
15. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkens unto counsel is wise.
16. A fool's wrath is at once known: but a prudent man covers shame.
17. He that speaks truth shows forth righteousness: but a false witness, deceit.
18. There is one that speaks like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise beings health.
19. The lip of truth shall be established forever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
20. Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counselors of peace there is joy.
21. There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with trouble.
22. Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.
23. A prudent man conceals knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaims foolishness.
24. The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be put to forced labor.
25. Heaviness in the heart of man makes him stoop: but a good word makes him glad.
26. The righteous chooses his friends carefully: but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
27. The slothful man roasts not that which he took in hunting: but the possessions of a diligent man are precious.
28. In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.