1. LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions:
2. How he swore unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;
3. Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
4. I will not give sleep to my eyes, or slumber to my eyelids,
5. Until I find out a place for the LORD, a habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.
6. Lo, we heard of it at Ephrathah: we found it in the fields of the woods.
7. We will go into his tabernacles: we will worship at his footstool.
8. Arise, O LORD, into your rest; you, and the ark of your strength.
9. Let your priests be clothed with righteousness; and let your saints shout for joy.
10. For your servant David's sake turn not away the face of your anointed.
11. The LORD has sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of your body will I set upon your throne.
12. If your children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon your throne forevermore.
13. For the LORD has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his habitation.
14. This is my rest forever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.
15. I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread.
16. I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
17. There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for my anointed.
18. His enemies will I clothe with shame: but upon himself shall his crown flourish.