1. Hold not your peace, O God of my praise;
2. For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
3. They surrounded me also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.
4. For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.
5. And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.
6. Set you a wicked man over him: and let an accuser stand at his right hand.
7. When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.
8. Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
9. Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
10. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
11. Let the extortioner catch all that he has; and let the strangers spoil his labor.
12. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favor his fatherless children.
13. Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
14. Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
15. Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.
16. Because he remembered not to show mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.
17. As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.
18. As he clothed himself with cursing as with his garment, so let it come into his body like water, and like oil into his bones.
19. Let it be unto him as the garment which covers him, and for a belt with which he is girded continually.
20. Let this be the reward of my adversaries from the LORD, and of them that speak evil against my soul.
21. But take care of me, O GOD the Lord, for your name's sake: because your mercy is good, deliver me.
22. For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.
23. I am gone like the shadow when it declines: I am shaken off like the locust.
24. My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh lacks fatness.
25. I became also a reproach unto them: when they looked upon me they shook their heads.
26. Help me, O LORD my God: O save me according to your mercy:
27. That they may know that this is your hand; that you, LORD, have done it.
28. Let them curse, but you bless: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let your servant rejoice.
29. Let my adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.
30. I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.
31. For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.