1. Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.
2. Take a psalm, and bring here the timbrel, the pleasant harp with the psaltery.
3. Blow the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day.
4. For this was a statute for Israel, and a law of the God of Jacob.
5. This he ordained in Joseph for a testimony, when he went out through the land of Egypt: where I heard a language that I understood not.
6. I removed his shoulder from the burden: his hands were freed from the basket.
7. You called in trouble, and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place of thunder: I tested you at the waters of Meribah. Selah.
8. Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto you: O Israel, if you will hearken unto me;
9. There shall no strange god be among you; neither shall you worship any foreign god.
10. I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt: open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
11. But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would have none of me.
12. So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels.
13. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!
14. I should soon have subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against their adversaries.
15. The haters of the LORD should have submitted themselves unto him: and their fate should have endured forever.
16. He should have fed them also with the finest of the wheat: and with honey out of the rock should I have satisfied you.