1. Unto you, O God, do we give thanks, unto you do we give thanks: for that your name is near, your wondrous works declare.
2. When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly.
3. The earth and all inhabitants are dissolved: I hold up the pillars of it. Selah.
4. I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn:
5. Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck.
6. For promotion comes neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
7. But God is the judge: he puts down one, and sets up another.
8. For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is fully mixed; and he pours out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall drain them down, and drink them.
9. But I will declare this forever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
10. All the strength of the wicked also will I cut off; but the strength of the righteous shall be exalted.