1. Deliver me from my enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.
2. Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloodthirsty men.
3. For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.
4. They run and prepare themselves apart from my fault: awake to help me, and behold.
5. You therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to punish all the nations: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.
6. They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
7. Behold, they bellow out with their mouths: swords are in their lips: for who, say they, does hear?
8. But you, O LORD, shall laugh at them; you shall have all the nations in derision.
9. Because of your strength will I wait upon you: for God is my defence.
10. The God of my mercy shall meet me: God shall let me see my desire upon my enemies.
11. Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by your power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield.
12. For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for the cursing and lying which they speak.
13. Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they may not be: and let them know that God rules in Jacob unto the ends of the earth. Selah.
14. And at evening let them return; and let them make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
15. Let them wander up and down for food, and growl if they are not satisfied.
16. But I will sing of your power; yea, I will sing aloud of your mercy in the morning: for you have been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
17. Unto you, O my Strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.