1. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to your lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of your tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4. Against you, you only, have I sinned, and done this evil in your sight: that you might be justified when you speak, and be blameless when you judge.
5. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6. Behold, you desire truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part you shall make me to know wisdom.
7. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which you have broken may rejoice.
9. Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.
10. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11. Cast me not away from your presence; and take not your holy Spirit from me.
12. Restore unto me the joy of your salvation; and uphold me with a free spirit.
13. Then will I teach transgressors your ways; and sinners shall be converted unto you.
14. Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
15. O Lord, open my lips; and my mouth shall show forth your praise.
16. For you desire not sacrifice; else would I give it: you delight not in burnt offering.
17. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
18. Do good in your good pleasure unto Zion: build you the walls of Jerusalem.
19. Then shall you be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon your altar.