1. The mighty God, even the LORD, has spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.
2. Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God has shined.
3. Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.
4. He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.
5. Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
6. And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah.
7. Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against you: I am God, even your God.
8. I will not reprove you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, to have been continually before me.
9. I will take no bullock out of your house, nor male goats out of your folds.
10. For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
11. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
12. If I were hungry, I would not tell you: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.
13. Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?
14. Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay your vows unto the most High:
15. And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
16. But unto the wicked God says, What have you to do to declare my statutes, or that you should take my covenant in your mouth?
17. Seeing you hate instruction, and cast my words behind you.
18. When you saw a thief, then you consented with him, and have been partaker with adulterers.
19. You give your mouth to evil, and your tongue frames deceit.
20. You sit and speak against your brother; you slander your own mother's son.
21. These things have you done, and I kept silence; you thought that I was altogether such a one as yourself: but I will rebuke you, and set them in order before your eyes.
22. Now consider this, you that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
23. Whoever offers praise glorifies me: and to him that orders his conduct aright will I show the salvation of God.