1. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.
2. Beautiful for elevation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.
3. God is known in her palaces for a refuge.
4. For, lo, the kings were assembled, they passed by together.
5. They saw it, and so they marvelled; they were troubled, and hastened away.
6. Fear took hold upon them there, and pain, as of a woman in travail.
7. You break the ships of Tarshish with an east wind.
8. As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the LORD of hosts, in the city of our God: God will establish it forever. Selah.
9. We have thought of your lovingkindness, O God, in the midst of your temple.
10. According to your name, O God, so is your praise unto the ends of the earth: your right hand is full of righteousness.
11. Let mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of your judgments.
12. Walk about Zion, and go round about her: number the towers thereof.
13. Mark you well her bulwarks, consider her palaces; that you may tell it to the generation following.
14. For this God is our God forever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.