1. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? why are you so far from helping me, and from the words of my groaning?
2. O my God, I cry in the daytime, but you hear not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
3. But you are holy, O you that inhabit the praises of Israel.
4. Our fathers trusted in you: they trusted, and you did deliver them.
5. They cried unto you, and were delivered: they trusted in you, and were not disappointed.
6. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
7. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8. He trusted in the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
9. But you are he that took me out of the womb: you did make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.
10. I was cast upon you from birth: you are my God from my mother's womb.
11. Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.
12. Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round about.
13. They gaped on me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.
14. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my body.
15. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue clings to my jaws; and you have brought me to the dust of death.
16. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
17. I can count all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
18. They part my garments among them, and cast lots for my clothing.
19. But be not far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste you to help me.
20. Deliver my soul from the sword; my life from the power of the dog.
21. Save me from the lion's mouth: for you have heard me from the horns of the wild oxen.
22. I will declare your name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise you.
23. You that fear the LORD, praise him; all you descendants of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all you descendants of Israel.
24. For he has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither has he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.
25. My praise shall be of you in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.
26. The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live forever.
27. All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before you.
28. For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.
29. All the prosperous of earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.
30. A posterity shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
31. They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he has done this.