1. Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goes not out of feigned lips.
2. Let my vendication come forth from your presence; let your eyes behold the things that are right.
3. You have proved my heart; you have visited me in the night; you have tested me, and shall find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
4. Concerning the works of men, by the word of your lips I have kept myself from the paths of the destroyer.
5. Hold up my steps in your paths, that my feet slip not.
6. I have called upon you, for you will hear me, O God: incline your ear unto me, and hear my speech.
7. Show your marvellous lovingkindness, O you that save by your right hand them who put their trust in you from those that rise up against them.
8. Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of your wings,
9. From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who surround me.
10. They are enclosed in their own fat hearts: with their mouth they speak proudly.
11. They have now surrounded us in our steps: they have set their eyes, crouching down to the earth;
12. Like as a lion that is greedy of its prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
13. Arise, O LORD, confront him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, by your sword:
14. From men by your hand, O LORD, from men of the world, who have their portion in this life, and whose belly you fill with your hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
15. As for me, I will behold your face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with your likeness.