1. And the rulers of the people dwelt at Jerusalem: the rest of the people also cast lots, to bring one of ten to dwell in Jerusalem the holy city, and nine tenths to dwell in other cities.
2. And the people blessed all the men, that willingly offered themselves to dwell at Jerusalem.
3. Now these are the leaders of the province that dwelt in Jerusalem: but in the cities of Judah dwelt everyone in his own possession in their cities; Israel, the priests, and the Levites, and the Nethinim, and the children of Solomonís servants.
4. And at Jerusalem dwelt certain of the children of Judah, and of the children of Benjamin. Of the children of Judah; Athaiah the son of Uzziah, the son of Zechariah, the son of Amariah, the son of Shephatiah, the son of Mahalalel, of the children of Perez;
5. And Maaseiah the son of Baruch, the son of Col-hozeh, the son of Hazaiah, the son of Adaiah, the son of Joiarib, the son of Zechariah, the son of Shilonite.
6. All the sons of Perez that dwelt at Jerusalem were four hundred threescore and eight valiant men.
7. And these are the sons of Benjamin; Sallu the son of Meshullam, the son of Joed, the son of Pedaiah, the son of Kolaiah, the son of Maaseiah, the son of Ithiel, the son of Jeshaiah.
8. And after him Gabbai, Sallai, nine hundred twenty and eight.
9. And Joel the son of Zichri was their overseer: and Judah the son of Hassenuah was second over the city.
10. Of the priests: Jedaiah the son of Joiarib, Jachin.
11. Seraiah the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth, the son of Ahitub, was the ruler of the house of God.
12. And their brethren that did the work of the house were eight hundred twenty and two: and Adaiah the son of Jeroham, the son of Pelaliah, the son of Amzi, the son of Zechariah, the son of Pashhur, the son of Malchijah,
13. And his brethren, heads of the fathersí houses, two hundred forty and two: and Amashai the son of Azarel, the son of Ahzai, the son of Meshillemoth, the son of Immer.
14. And their brethren, mighty men of valor, a hundred twenty and eight: and their overseer was Zabdiel, the son of Haggedolim.
15. Also of the Levites: Shemaiah the son of Hasshub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Bunni;
16. And Shabbethai and Jozabad, of the heads of the Levites, had the oversight of the outside business of the house of God.
17. And Mattaniah the son of Mica, the son of Zabdi, the son of Asaph, was the leader to begin the thanksgiving in prayer: and Bakbukiah the second among his brethren, and Abda the son of Shammua, the son of Galal, the son of Jeduthun.
18. All the Levites in the holy city were two hundred fourscore and four.
19. Moreover the gatekeepers, Akkub, Talmon, and their brethren that kept the gates, were a hundred seventy and two.
20. And the rest of Israel, of the priests, and the Levites, were in all the cities of Judah, every one in his inheritance.
21. But the Nethinim dwelt in Ophel: and Ziha and Gispa were over the Nethinim.
22. The overseer also of the Levites at Jerusalem was Uzzi the son of Bani, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Mattaniah, the son of Mica, of the sons of Asaph, the singers, were over the business of the house of God.
23. For it was the kingís commandment concerning them, that a certain portion should be for the singers, as required every day.
24. And Pethahiah the son of Meshezabel, of the children of Zerah the son of Judah, was at the kingís hand in all matters concerning the people.
25. And for the villages, with their fields, some of the children of Judah dwelt at Kiriath-arba, and in its villages, and at Dibon, and in its villages, and at Jekabzeel, and in its villages,
26. And at Jeshua, and at Moladah, and at Beth-pelet,
27. And at Hazar-shual, and at Beer-sheba, and in its villages,
28. And at Ziklag, and at Meconah, and in its villages,
29. And at En-rimmon, and at Zorah, and at Jarmuth,
30. Zanoah, Adullam, and in their villages, at Lachish, and its fields, at Azekah, and in its villages. And they dwelt from Beer-sheba unto the valley of Hinnom.
31. The children also of Benjamin from Geba dwelt at Michmash, and Aija, and Beth-el, and in their villages,
32. And at Anathoth, Nob, Ananiah,
33. Hazor, Ramah, Gittaim,
34. Hadid, Zeboim, Neballat,
35. Lod, and Ono, the valley of craftsmen.
36. And of the Levites were divisions in Judah, and in Benjamin.