1. Now after this it came to pass, that David defeated the Philistines, and subdued them, and took Gath and her towns out of the hand of the Philistines.
2. And he defeated Moab; and the Moabites became Davidís servants, and brought tribute.
3. And David defeated Hadadezer king of Zobah unto Hamath, as he went to establish his rule by the river Euphrates.
4. And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: David also hamstrung all the chariot horses, but reserved of them a hundred chariots.
5. And when the Syrians of Damascus came to help Hadadezer king of Zobah, David slew of the Syrians two and twenty thousand men.
6. Then David put garrisons in Syria of Damascus; and the Syrians became Davidís servants, and brought tribute. Thus the LORD preserved David wherever he went.
7. And David took the shields of gold that were on the servants of Hadadezer, and brought them to Jerusalem.
8. Likewise from Tibhath, and from Cun, cities of Hadadezer, brought David very much bronze, with which Solomon made the bronze sea, and the pillars, and the vessels of bronze.
9. Now when Tou king of Hamath heard how David had defeated all the army of Hadadezer king of Zobah;
10. He sent Hadoram his son to king David, to inquire of his welfare, and to congratulate him, because he had fought against Hadadezer, and defeated him; (for Hadadezer had war with Tou;) and with him all manner of vessels of gold and silver and bronze.
11. Them also king David dedicated unto the LORD, with the silver and the gold that he brought from all these nations; from Edom, and from Moab, and from the children of Ammon, and from the Philistines, and from Amalek.
12. Moreover Abishai the son of Zeruiah slew of the Edomites in the valley of salt eighteen thousand.
13. And he put garrisons in Edom; and all the Edomites became Davidís servants. Thus the LORD preserved David wherever he went.
14. So David reigned over all Israel, and executed judgment and justice among all his people.
15. And Joab the son of Zeruiah was over the army; and Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud, recorder.
16. And Zadok the son of Ahitub, and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar, were the priests; and Shavsha was scribe;
17. And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada was over the Cherethites and the Pelethites; and the sons of David were chief officials at the kingís side.