1. And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the LORD, and the kingís house, and all Solomonís desire which he was pleased to do,
2. That the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as he had appeared unto him at Gibeon.
3. And the LORD said unto him, I have heard your prayer and your supplication, that you have made before me: I have hallowed this house, which you have built, to put my name there forever; and my eyes and my heart shall be there perpetually.
4. And if you will walk before me, as David your father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded you, and will keep my statutes and my judgments:
5. Then I will establish the throne of your kingdom upon Israel forever, as I promised to David your father, saying, There shall not fail you a man upon the throne of Israel.
6. But if you shall at all turn from following me, you or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them:
7. Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people:
8. And at this house, which is exalted, every one that passes by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why has the LORD done thus unto this land, and to this house?
9. And they shall answer, Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have laid hold upon other gods, and have worshiped them, and served them: therefore has the LORD brought upon them all this evil.
10. And it came to pass at the end of twenty years, when Solomon had built the two houses, the house of the LORD, and the kingís house,
11. (Now Hiram the king of Tyre had furnished Solomon with cedar trees and fir trees, and with gold, according to all his desire,) that then king Solomon gave Hiram twenty cities in the land of Galilee.
12. And Hiram came out from Tyre to see the cities which Solomon had given him; and they pleased him not.
13. And he said, What cities are these which you have given me, my brother? And he called them the land of Cabul unto this day.
14. And Hiram sent to the king sixscore talents of gold.
15. And this is the reason of the levy which king Solomon raised; to build the house of the LORD, and his own house, and Millo, and the wall of Jerusalem, and Hazor, and Megiddo, and Gezer.
16. For Pharaoh king of Egypt had gone up, and taken Gezer, and burned it with fire, and slain the Canaanites that dwelt in the city, and given it for a present unto his daughter, Solomonís wife.
17. And Solomon built Gezer, and lower Beth-horon,
18. And Baalath, and Tamar in the wilderness, in the land,
19. And all the cities of storage that Solomon had, and cities for his chariots, and cities for his horsemen, and that which Solomon desired to build in Jerusalem, and in Lebanon, and in all the land of his dominion.
20. And all the people that were left of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, who were not of the children of Israel,
21. Their children that were left after them in the land, whom the children of Israel also were not able utterly to destroy, of those did Solomon conscript for forced labor unto this day.
22. But of the children of Israel did Solomon make no slaves: but they were men of war, and his servants, and his princes, and his captains, and rulers of his chariots, and his horsemen.
23. These were the chief of the officers that were over Solomonís work, five hundred and fifty, who bore rule over the people that did the work.
24. But Pharaohís daughter came up out of the city of David unto her house which Solomon had built for her: then did he build Millo.
25. And three times in a year did Solomon offer burnt offerings and peace offerings upon the altar which he built unto the LORD, and he burnt incense upon the altar that was before the LORD. So he finished the house.
26. And king Solomon made a navy of ships in Ezion-geber, which is beside Eloth, on the shore of the Red sea, in the land of Edom.
27. And Hiram sent in the navy his servants, seaman that had knowledge of the sea, with the servants of Solomon.
28. And they came to Ophir, and brought from there gold, four hundred and twenty talents, and brought it to king Solomon.