1. And the whole congregation of the children of Israel assembled together at Shiloh, and set up the tabernacle of meeting there. And the land was subdued before them.
2. And there remained among the children of Israel seven tribes, which had not yet received their inheritance.
3. And Joshua said unto the children of Israel, How long will you hesitate to go to possess the land, which the LORD God of your fathers has given you?
4. Pick out from among you three men from each tribe: and I will send them, and they shall rise, and go through the land, and survey it according to their inheritance; and they shall come again to me.
5. And they shall divide it into seven parts: Judah shall continue in their territory on the south, and the house of Joseph shall continue in their territory on the north.
6. You shall therefore survey the land into seven parts, and bring the description here to me, that I may cast lots for you here before the LORD our God.
7. But the Levites have no part among you; for the priesthood of the LORD is their inheritance: and Gad, and Reuben, and the half the tribe of Manasseh, have received their inheritance beyond the Jordan on the east, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave them.
8. And the men arose, and went away: and Joshua charged them that went to survey the land, saying, Go and walk through the land, and survey it, and come again to me, that I may here cast lots for you before the LORD in Shiloh.
9. And the men went and passed through the land, and surveyed it by cities into seven parts in a book, and came again to Joshua to the host at Shiloh.
10. And Joshua cast lots for them in Shiloh before the LORD: and there Joshua divided the land unto the children of Israel according to their divisions.
11. And the lot of the tribe of the children of Benjamin came up according to their families: and the territory of their lot came out between the children of Judah and the children of Joseph.
12. And their border on the north side was from the Jordan; and the border went up to the side of Jericho on the north side, and went up through the mountains westward; and it ended at the wilderness of Bethaven.
13. And the border went over from there toward Luz, to the side of Luz, which is Bethel, southward; and the border descended to Atarothadar, near the hill that lies on the south side of lower Bethhoron.
14. And the border extended from there, and turned the corner at the sea southward, from the hill that lies before Bethhoron southward; and ended at Kiriathbaal, which is Kiriathjearim, a city of the children of Judah: this was the west side.
15. And the south side was from the end of Kiriathjearim, and the border extended on the west, and went out to the spring of the waters of Nephtoah:
16. And the border came down to the end of the mountain that lies before the valley of the son of Hinnom, and which is in the valley of the giants on the north, and descended to the valley of Hinnom, to the side of the Jebusites on the south, and descended to Enrogel,
17. And it went around from the north, and went forth to Enshemesh, and went forth toward Geliloth, which is opposite the ascent of Adummim, and descended to the stone of Bohan the son of Reuben,
18. And passed along toward the north side of Arabah, and went down unto Arabah:
19. And the border passed along to the side of Bethhoglah: and the end of the border was at the north bay of the salt sea at the south end of Jordan: this was the south border.
20. And Jordan was the border of it on the east side. This was the inheritance of the children of Benjamin, by the boundaries all around, according to their families.
21. Now the cities of the tribe of the children of Benjamin according to their families were Jericho, and Bethhoglah, and Emikkeziz.
22. And Betharabah, and Zemaraim, and Bethel,
23. And Avvim, and Parah, and Ophrah,
24. And Chepharharmmonai, and Ophni, and Geba; twelve cities with their villages:
25. Gibeon, and Ramah, and Beeroth,
26. And Mizpeh, and Chephirah, and Mozah,
27. And Rekem, and Irpeel, and Taralah,
28. And Zelah, Haleph, and Jebus, which is Jerusalem, Gibeah, and Kiriath; fourteen cities with their villages. This is the inheritance of the children of Benjamin according to their families.