1. And the lot of the children of Joseph fell from the Jordan by Jericho, unto the water of Jericho on the east, to the wilderness that goes up from Jericho throughout mount Bethel.
2. Then goes out from Bethel to Luz, and passes along to the borders of the Archites to Ataroth,
3. Then goes down westward to the border of the Japhletites, unto the border of lower Bethhoron, to Gezer: and it ends at the sea.
4. So the children of Joseph, Manasseh and Ephraim, took their inheritance.
5. And the border of the children of Ephraim according to their families was thus: even the border of their inheritance on the east side was Atarothaddar, unto upper Bethhoron;
6. And the border went out toward the sea by Michmethah on the north side; and the border turned about eastward unto Taanathshiloh, and passed by it on the east to Janoah;
7. And it went down from Janoah to Ataroth, and to Naarah, and came to Jericho, and came out at the Jordan.
8. The border went out from Tappuah westward to the brook Kanah; and ended at the sea. This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Ephraim by their families.
9. And the separate cities for the children of Ephraim were among the inheritance of the children of Manasseh, all the cities with their villages.
10. And they drove not out the Canaanites that dwelt in Gezer: but the Canaanites dwell among the Ephraimites unto this day, and serve under forced labor.