1. And it shall be, when you are come in unto the land which the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance, and possess it, and dwell therein;
2. That you shall take of the first of all the fruit of the earth, which you shall bring of your land that the LORD your God gives you, and shall put it in a basket, and shall go unto the place which the LORD your God shall choose to place his name there.
3. And you shall go unto the priest that shall be in those days, and say unto him, I profess this day unto the LORD your God, that I am come unto the country which the LORD swore unto our fathers to give us.
4. And the priest shall take the basket out of your hand, and set it down before the altar of the LORD your God.
5. And you shall speak and say before the LORD your God, An Aramean ready to perish was my father, and he went down into Egypt, and sojourned there with a few, and became there a nation, great, mighty, and populous:
6. And the Egyptians mistreated us, and afflicted us, and laid upon us hard bondage:
7. And when we cried unto the LORD God of our fathers, the LORD heard our voice, and looked on our affliction, and our labor, and our oppression:
8. And the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terror, and with signs, and with wonders:
9. And he has brought us into this place, and has given us this land, even a land that flows with milk and honey.
10. And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which you, O LORD, have given me. And you shall set it before the LORD your God, and worship before the LORD your God:
11. And you shall rejoice in every good thing which the LORD your God has given unto you, and unto your house, you, and the Levite, and the stranger that is among you.
12. When you have finished tithing all the tithes of your increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and have given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within your gates, and be filled;
13. Then you shall say before the LORD your God, I have removed the sacred portion out of my house, and also have given them unto the Levite, and unto the stranger, to the fatherless, and to the widow, according to all your commandments which you have commanded me: I have not transgressed your commandments, neither have I forgotten them:
14. I have not eaten of it in my mourning, neither have I taken away any of it for any unclean use, nor given any of it for the dead: but I have hearkened to the voice of the LORD my God, and have done according to all that you have commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy habitation, from heaven, and bless your people Israel, and the land which you have given us, as you swore unto our fathers, a land that flows with milk and honey.
16. This day the LORD your God has commanded you to do these statutes and judgments: you shall therefore keep and do them with all your heart, and with all your soul.
17. You have declared the LORD this day to be your God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice:
18. And the LORD has declared you this day to be his peculiar people, as he has promised you, and that you should keep all his commandments;
19. And to make you high above all nations which he has made, in praise, and in name, and in honor; and that you may be a holy people unto the LORD your God, as he has spoken.