1. And if a soul sins, and hears the voice of an oath, and is a witness, whether he has seen or known of it; if he does not tell of it, then he shall bear his iniquity.
2. Or if a soul touch any unclean thing, whether it be a carcass of an unclean animal, or a carcass of unclean cattle, or the carcass of unclean creeping things, and it is hidden from him; he also shall be unclean, and guilty.
3. Or if he touch the uncleanness of man, whatsoever uncleanness it be that a man shall be defiled with, and it be hid from him; when he knows of it, then he shall be guilty.
4. Or if a soul vows, pronouncing with his lips to do evil, or to do good, whatsoever it be that a man shall pronounce with an oath, and it be hid from him; when he knows of it, then he shall be guilty in one of these.
5. And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he has sinned in that thing:
6. And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he has sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin.
7. And if he is not able to bring a lamb, then he shall bring for his trespass, which he has committed, two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, unto the LORD; one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering.
8. And he shall bring them unto the priest, who shall offer that which is for the sin offering first, and wring off its head from its neck, but shall not divide it asunder:
9. And he shall sprinkle some of the blood of the sin offering upon the side of the altar; and the rest of the blood shall be wrung out at the bottom of the altar: it is a sin offering.
10. And he shall offer the second for a burnt offering, according to the ordinance: and the priest shall make an atonement for him for his sin which he has sinned, and it shall be forgiven him.
11. But if he is not able to bring two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, then he that sinned shall bring for his offering the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering; he shall put no oil upon it, neither shall he put any frankincense thereon: for it is a sin offering.
12. Then shall he bring it to the priest, and the priest shall take his handful of it, even a memorial portion, and burn it on the altar, according to the offerings made by fire unto the LORD: it is a sin offering.
13. And the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin that he has sinned in one of these, and it shall be forgiven him: and the remnant shall be the priest's, as a grain offering.
14. And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying,
15. If a soul commits a trespass, and sins through ignorance, in the holy things of the LORD; then he shall bring for his trespass unto the LORD a ram without blemish out of the flocks, with your valuation by shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary, for a trespass offering:
16. And he shall make amends for the harm that he has done in the holy thing, and shall add the fifth part thereto, and give it unto the priest: and the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering, and it shall be forgiven him.
17. And if a soul sins, and commits any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD; though he knew it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity.
18. And he shall bring a ram without blemish out of the flock, with your valuation, for a trespass offering, unto the priest: and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his ignorance wherein he erred and knew it not, and it shall be forgiven him.
19. It is a trespass offering: he has certainly trespassed against the LORD.