1. And Israel took his journey with all that he had, and came to Beersheba, and offered sacrifices unto the God of his father Isaac.
2. And God spoke unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I.
3. And he said, I am God, the God of your father: fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of you a great nation:
4. I will go down with you into Egypt; and I will also surely bring you up again: and Joseph shall put his hand upon your eyes.
5. And Jacob rose up from Beersheba: and the sons of Israel carried Jacob their father, and their little ones, and their wives, in the wagons which Pharaoh had sent to carry him.
6. And they took their cattle, and their goods, which they had gotten in the land of Canaan, and came into Egypt, Jacob, and all his descendants with him:
7. His sons, and his sons' sons with him, his daughters, and his sons' daughters, and all his descendants brought he with him into Egypt.
8. And these are the names of the children of Israel, who came into Egypt, Jacob and his sons: Reuben, Jacob's firstborn.
9. And the sons of Reuben; Hanoch, and Pallu, and Hezron, and Carmi.
10. And the sons of Simeon; Jemuel, and Jamin, and Ohad, and Jachin, and Zohar, and Shaul the son of a Canaanitish woman.
11. And the sons of Levi; Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
12. And the sons of Judah; Er, and Onan, and Shelah, and Perez, and Zarah: but Er and Onan died in the land of Canaan. And the sons of Perez were Hezron and Hamul.
13. And the sons of Issachar; Tola, and Puvah, and Iob, and Shimron.
14. And the sons of Zebulun; Sered, and Elon, and Jahleel.
15. These are the sons of Leah, whom she bore unto Jacob in Paddanaram, with his daughter Dinah: all the souls of his sons and his daughters were thirty and three.
16. And the sons of Gad; Ziphion, and Haggi, Shuni, and Ezbon, Eri, and Arodi, and Areli.
17. And the sons of Asher; Iimnah, and Ishvah, and Ishvi, and Beriah, and Serah their sister: and the sons of Beriah; Heber, and Malchiel.
18. These are the sons of Zilpah, whom Laban gave to Leah his daughter, and these she bore unto Jacob, even sixteen souls.
19. The sons of Rachel Jacob's wife; Joseph, and Benjamin.
20. And unto Joseph in the land of Egypt were born Manasseh and Ephraim, whom Asenath the daughter of Potiphera priest of On bore unto him.
21. And the sons of Benjamin were Belah, and Becher, and Ashbel, Gera, and Naaman, Ehi, and Rosh, Muppim, and Huppim, and Ard.
22. These are the sons of Rachel, who were born to Jacob: all the souls were fourteen.
23. And the sons of Dan; Hushim.
24. And the sons of Naphtali; Jahzeel, and Guni, and Jezer, and Shillem.
25. These are the sons of Bilhah, whom Laban gave unto Rachel his daughter, and she bore these unto Jacob: all the souls were seven.
26. All the souls that came with Jacob into Egypt, who were his direct offspring, besides Jacob's sons' wives, all the souls were three score and six;
27. And the sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt, were two souls: all the souls of the house of Jacob, who came into Egypt, were three score and ten.
28. And he sent Judah before him unto Joseph, to direct his face unto Goshen; and they came into the land of Goshen.
29. And Joseph made ready his chariot, and went up to meet Israel his father, to Goshen, and presented himself unto him; and he fell on his neck, and wept on his neck a good while.
30. And Israel said unto Joseph, Now let me die, since I have seen your face, because you are yet alive.
31. And Joseph said unto his brothers, and unto his father's house, I will go up, and show Pharaoh, and say unto him, My brothers, and my father's house, who were in the land of Canaan, are come unto me;
32. And the men are shepherds, for their trade has been to feed cattle; and they have brought their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have.
33. And it shall come to pass, when Pharaoh shall call you, and shall say, What is your occupation?
34. That you shall say, Your servants' trade has been about cattle from our youth even until now, both we, and also our fathers: that you may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is an abomination unto the Egyptians.