1. Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah.
2. And she bore him Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah.
3. And Jokshan begat Sheba, and Dedan. And the sons of Dedan were Asshurim, and Letushim, and Leummim.
4. And the sons of Midian; Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and Abidah, and Eldaah. All these were the children of Keturah.
5. And Abraham gave all that he had unto Isaac.
6. But unto the sons of the concubines, whom Abraham had, Abraham gave gifts, and sent them away from Isaac his son, while he yet lived, eastward, unto the east country.
7. And these are the days of the years of Abraham's life which he lived, a hundred three score and fifteen years.
8. Then Abraham died at a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people.
9. And his sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre;
10. The field which Abraham purchased from the sons of Heth: there was Abraham buried, and Sarah his wife.
11. And it came to pass after the death of Abraham, that God blessed his son Isaac; and Isaac dwelt by the well Lahairoi.
12. Now these are the generations of Ishmael, Abraham's son, whom Hagar the Egyptian, Sarah's handmaid, bore unto Abraham:
13. And these are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebaioth; and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,
14. And Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa,
15. Hadad, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah:
16. These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their towns, and by their encampments; twelve princes according to their nations.
17. And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, a hundred and thirty-seven years: and he breathed his last and died; and was gathered unto his people.
18. And they dwelt from Havilah unto Shur, that is beside Egypt, as you go toward Assyria: and he died in the presence of all his brethren.
19. And these are the generations of Isaac, Abraham's son: Abraham begat Isaac:
20. And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Aramean of Paddanaram, the sister to Laban the Aramean.
21. And Isaac entreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was entreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
22. And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to inquire of the LORD.
23. And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in your womb, and two manner of people shall be born of you; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.
24. And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
25. And the first came out red, all over like a hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.
26. And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was three score years old when she bore them.
27. And the boys grew: and Esau was a skilful hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a quiet man, dwelling in tents.
28. And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.
29. And Jacob boiled pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
30. And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray you, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.
31. And Jacob said, Sell me this day your birthright.
32. And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point of death: and what profit shall this birthright be to me?
33. And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he swore unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
34. Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentils; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.