1. The elders who are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
2. Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for dishonest gain, but of a ready mind;
3. Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock.
4. And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, you shall receive a crown of glory that fades not away.
5. Likewise, you younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble.
6. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7. Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.
8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour:
9. Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10. But the God of all grace, who has called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, restore, establish, strengthen, settle you.
11. To him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
12. By Silas, a faithful brother unto you, as I regard, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God in which you stand.
13. The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, greets you; and so does Mark my son.
14. Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.