1. Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellow laborer,
2. And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the church in your house:
3. Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers,
5. Hearing of your love and faith, which you have toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints;
6. That the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
7. For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints are refreshed by you, brother.
8. Therefore, though I might be very bold in Christ to command you that which is required,
9. Yet for love's sake I rather beseech you, being such a one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.
10. I beseech you for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds:
11. Who in time past was to you unprofitable, but now profitable to you and to me:
12. Whom I have sent again: you therefore receive him, that is, my own heart:
13. Whom I would have retained with me, that in your stead he might have ministered unto me in the bonds of the gospel:
14. But without your consent would I do nothing; that your benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly.
15. For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that you should receive him forever;
16. Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, especially to me, but how much more unto you, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?
17. If you count me therefore a partner, receive him as myself.
18. If he has wronged you, or owes you anything, put that on my account;
19. I Paul have written it with my own hand, I will repay it: nevertheless I do not say to you how you owe me even your own self besides.
20. Yea, brother, let me have joy of you in the Lord: refresh my heart in the Lord.
21. Having confidence in your obedience I wrote unto you, knowing that you will also do more than I say.
22. At the same time prepare me also a lodging: for I trust that through your prayers I shall be given unto you.
23. There greet you Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus;
24. Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, Luke, my fellow laborers.
25. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.