1. But you speak the things which become sound doctrine:
2. That the aged men be sensible, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience.
3. The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becomes holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4. That they may teach the young women to be sensible, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5. To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
6. Young men likewise exhort to be sensible.
7. In all things showing yourself a pattern of good works: in doctrine showing incorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8. Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is an opponent may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
9. Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not talking back;
10. Not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.
11. For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12. Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live sensibly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13. Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;
14. Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a people for his own, zealous of good works.
15. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise you.