1. I charge you therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2. Preach the word; be diligent in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they draw to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto myths.
5. But you watch in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fully carry out your ministry.
6. For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
9. Do your diligence to come shortly unto me:
10. For Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.
11. Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with you: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.
12. And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus.
13. The cloak that I left at Troas with Carpus, when you come, bring with you, and the books, but especially the parchments.
14. Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:
15. Of whom you beware also; for he has greatly withstood our words.
16. At my first defense no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.
17. However the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
18. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
19. Greet Priscilla and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus.
20. Erastus remained at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletus sick.
21. Do your diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greets you, and Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.
22. The Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.