1. I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2. For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;
4. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6. Who gave himself a ransom for all, this to be a testimony at the proper time.
7. To this I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
8. I desire therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
9. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with decency and propriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10. But (as becomes women professing godliness) with good works.
11. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12. But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15. Yet she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and love and holiness with propriety.