1. But of the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I write unto you.
2. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
3. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5. You are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that are drunk are drunk in the night.
8. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for a helmet, the hope of salvation.
9. For God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10. Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
11. Therefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also you do.
12. And we beseech you, brethren, to know them who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13. And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
14. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are idle, encourage the faint-hearted, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
15. See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
16. Rejoice evermore.
17. Pray without ceasing.
18. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19. Quench not the Spirit.
20. Despise not prophesying.
21. Test all things; hold fast that which is good.
22. Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24. Faithful is he that calls you, who also will do it.
25. Brethren, pray for us.
26. Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
27. I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
28. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.