1. And the apostles and brethren that were in Judea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.
2. And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him,
3. Saying, You went in to men uncircumcised, and did eat with them.
4. But Peter reviewed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it in order unto them, saying,
5. I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, a certain vessel descending, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
6. Upon which when I had fastened my eyes, I considered, and saw four-footed animals of the earth, and wild beasts, and reptiles, and fowls of the air.
7. And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.
8. But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean has at any time entered into my mouth.
9. But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God has cleansed, that call not you common.
10. And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.
11. And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.
12. And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:
13. And he showed us how he had seen an angel in his house, who stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
14. Who shall tell you words, by which you and all your house shall be saved.
15. And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how he said, John indeed baptized with water; but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.
17. If then God gave them the same gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; who was I, that I could withstand God?
18. When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then has God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
19. Now they who were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.
20. And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, who, when they were come to Antioch, spoke unto the Greeks, preaching the Lord Jesus.
21. And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.
22. Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch.
23. Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cling unto the Lord.
24. For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith: and many people were added unto the Lord.
25. Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, to seek Saul:
26. And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that for a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught many people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
27. And in these days came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch.
28. And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great famine throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.
29. Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren who dwelt in Judea:
30. Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.