1. At the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher.
2. And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
3. His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow:
4. And for fear of him the guards did shake, and became as dead men.
5. And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not: for I know that you seek Jesus, who was crucified.
6. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7. And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goes before you into Galilee; there shall you see him: lo, I have told you.
8. And they departed quickly from the sepulcher with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
9. And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshiped him.
10. Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
11. Now when they were going, behold, some of the guards came into the city, and announced unto the chief priests all the things that were done.
12. And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave much money unto the soldiers,
13. Saying, Say this, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.
14. And if this comes to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and protect you.
15. So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.
16. Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17. And when they saw him, they worshiped him: but some doubted.
18. And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19. Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.