1. And I turned, and lifted up my eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of bronze.
2. Before the first chariot were red horses; and before the second chariot black horses;
3. And before the third chariot white horses; and before the fourth chariot dappled horses - strong steeds.
4. Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord?
5. And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of heaven, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.
6. The black horses which are there go forth into the north country; and the white go forth after them; and the dappled go forth toward the south country.
7. And the strong steeds went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Go forth, walk to and fro through the earth. So they walked to and fro through the earth.
8. Then cried he upon me, and spoke unto me, saying, Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my Spirit in the north country.
9. And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
10. Take from them of the captivity, even of Heldai, of Tobijah, and of Jedaiah, who have come from Babylon, and come the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah;
11. Then take silver and gold, and make a crown, and set it upon the head of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest;
12. And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaks the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up in his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
13. Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.
14. And the crown shall be to Heldai, and to Tobijah, and to Jedaiah, and to Hen the son of Zephaniah, for a memorial in the temple of the LORD.
15. And they that are far off shall come and build the temple of the LORD, and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if you will diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God.