1. I lifted up my eyes again, and looked, and behold a man with a measuring line in his hand.
2. Then said I, where go you? And he said unto me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what is its breadth, and what is its length.
3. And, behold, the angel that talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him,
4. And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls because of the multitude of men and cattle in it:
5. For I, says the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
6. Come, come, and flee from the land of the north, says the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of heaven, says the LORD.
7. Deliver yourself, O Zion, that dwells with the daughter of Babylon.
8. For thus says the LORD of hosts; After his glory has he sent me unto the nations which plundered you: for he that touches you touches the apple of his eye.
9. For, behold, I will shake my hand against them, and they shall be a plunder to their servants: and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me.
10. Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of you, says the LORD.
11. And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of you, and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me unto you.
12. And the LORD shall inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.
13. Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD: for he has raised up out of his holy habitation.