1. Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly,
2. And said, I cried by reason of my affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of sheol cried I, and you heard my voice.
3. For you had cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods surrounded me: all your billows and your waves passed over me.
4. Then I said, I am cast out of your sight; yet I will look again toward your holy temple.
5. The waters surrounded me, even to the soul: the deep closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.
6. I went down to the foundations of the mountains; the earth with her bars closed about me forever: yet have you brought up my life from the pit, O LORD my God.
7. When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto you, into your holy temple.
8. They that regard vain idols forsake their own mercy.
9. But I will sacrifice unto you with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.
10. And the LORD spoke unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.