1. Hear you this, O priests; and hearken, you house of Israel; and give you ear, O house of the king; for judgment is for you, because you have been a snare on Mizpah, and a net spread upon Tabor.
2. And the revolters are deeply involved in slaughter, though I have been a rebuker of them all.
3. I know Ephraim, and Israel is not hid from me: for now, O Ephraim, you commit harlotry, and Israel is defiled.
4. They will not change their deeds to turn unto their God: for the spirit of harlotry is in the midst of them, and they have not known the LORD.
5. And the pride of Israel does testify to his face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity; Judah also shall fall with them.
6. They shall go with their flocks and with their herds to seek the LORD; but they shall not find him; he has withdrawn himself from them.
7. They have dealt treacherously against the LORD: for they have begotten pagan children: now a new moon shall devour them with their hertiage.
8. Blow the horn in Gibeah, and the trumpet in Ramah: cry aloud at Bethaven, beware, O Benjamin.
9. Ephraim shall be desolate in the day of rebuke: among the tribes of Israel have I made known that which shall surely be.
10. The princes of Judah were like them that remove the landmark: therefore I will pour out my wrath upon them like water.
11. Ephraim is oppressed and broken in judgment, because he willingly walked after a human commandment.
12. Therefore will I be unto Ephraim like a moth, and to the house of Judah like rottenness.
13. When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb: yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound.
14. For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear them and go away; I will take them away, and none shall rescue him.
15. I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.