1. Then said the LORD unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of her lover, and an adulteress, according to the love of the LORD toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love cakes of raisins.
2. So I bought her for myself for fifteen pieces of silver, and for a homer of barley, and a half homer of barley:
3. And I said unto her, you shall abide with me many days; you shall not play the harlot, and you shall not be for another man: so will I also be to you.
4. For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:
5. Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.