1. And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2. Son of man, set your face toward the mountains of Israel, and prophesy against them,
3. And say, You mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD; Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys; Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places.
4. And your altars shall be desolate, and your images shall be broken: and I will cast down your slain men before your idols.
5. And I will lay the dead bodies of the children of Israel before their idols; and I will scatter your bones round about your altars.
6. In all your dwellingplaces the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate; that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and your idols may be broken and destroyed, and your images may be cut down, and your works may be abolished.
7. And the slain shall fall in the midst of you, and you shall know that I am the LORD.
8. Yet will I leave a remnant, that you may have some that shall escape the sword among the nations, when you shall be scattered through the countries.
9. And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations where they shall be carried captives, because I am broken with their adulterous heart, which has departed from me, and with their eyes, which play the harlot after their idols: and they shall loathe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.
10. And they shall know that I am the LORD, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this evil unto them.
11. Thus says the Lord GOD; Strike with your hand, and stamp with your foot, and say, Alas for all the evil abominations of the house of Israel! for they shall fall by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence.
12. He that is far off shall die of the pestilence; and he that is near shall fall by the sword; and he that remains and is besieged shall die by the famine: thus will I accomplish my fury upon them.
13. Then shall you know that I am the LORD, when their slain men shall be among their idols round about their altars, upon every high hill, in all the tops of the mountains, and under every green tree, and under every thick oak, the place where they did offer sweet incense to all their idols.
14. So will I stretch out my hand upon them, and make the land desolate, yea, more desolate than the wilderness toward Diblah, in all their habitations: and they shall know that I am the LORD.