1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers are as widows.
4. We have drunk our water at a price; our wood is sold unto us.
5. Our necks are under persecution: we labor, and have no rest.
6. We have given the hand to the Egyptians, and to the Assyrians, to be satisfied with bread.
7. Our fathers have sinned, and are not; and we have borne their iniquities.
8. Servants have ruled over us: there is none that does deliver us out of their hand.
9. We got our bread at the peril of our lives because of the sword in the wilderness.
10. Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.
11. They ravished the women in Zion, and the maidens in the cities of Judah.
12. Princes were hung up by their hands: the faces of elders were not honored.
13. They took the young men to grind, and the children stagger under loads of wood.
14. The elders have ceased from the gate, the young men from their music.
15. The joy of our heart has ceased; our dance has turned into mourning.
16. The crown has fallen from our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
17. For this our heart is faint; for these things our eyes are dim.
18. Because of the mountain of Zion, which is desolate, the foxes walk upon it.
19. You, O LORD, remain forever; your throne from generation to generation.
20. Why do you forget us forever, and forsake us for so long a time?
21. Turn us back to you, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.
22. But you have utterly rejected us; you are very angry against us.