1. The word that Jeremiah the prophet spoke unto Baruch the son of Neriah, when he had written these words in a book at the mouth of Jeremiah, in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, saying,
2. Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, unto you, O Baruch;
3. You did say, Woe is me now! for the LORD has added grief to my sorrow; I fainted in my sighing, and I find no rest.
4. Thus shall you say unto him, The LORD says thus; Behold, that which I have built will I break down, and that which I have planted I will pluck up, even this whole land.
5. And seek you great things for yourself? seek them not: for, behold, I will bring disaster upon all flesh, says the LORD: but your life will I give unto you for a prize in all places where you go.