1. Bel bows down, Nebo stoops, their idols were upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: your carriages were heavy laden; they are a burden to the weary beast.
2. They stoop, they bow down together; they could not deliver the burden, but are themselves gone into captivity.
3. Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, who are borne by me from birth, who are carried from the womb:
4. And even to your old age I am he; and even to gray hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.
5. To whom will you liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be alike?
6. They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, and hire a goldsmith; and he makes it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship.
7. They bear it upon the shoulder, they carry it, and set it in its place, and it stands; from its place shall it not move: yea, one shall cry unto it, yet can it not answer, nor save him out of his trouble.
8. Remember this, and show yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O you transgressors.
9. Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10. Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
11. Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executes my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
12. Hearken unto me, you stubborn of heart, that are far from righteousness:
13. I bring near my righteousness: it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.