1. But now thus says the LORD that created you, O Jacob, and he that formed you, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; you are mine.
2. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you: when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned; neither shall the flame scorch you.
3. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior: I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.
4. Since you were precious in my sight, you have been honorable, and I have loved you: therefore will I give men for you, and people for your life.
5. Fear not: for I am with you: I will bring your descendants from the east, and gather you from the west;
6. I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
7. Even everyone that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
8. Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
9. Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and show us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth.
10. You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11. I, even I, am the LORD; and besides me there is no savior.
12. I have declared, and have saved, and I proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore you are my witnesses, says the LORD, that I am God.
13. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall hinder it?
14. Thus says the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought them all down as fugitives, and the Chaldeans, whose song is in their ships.
15. I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
16. Thus says the LORD, who makes a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters;
17. Who brings forth the chariot and horse, the army and the power; they shall lie down together, they shall not rise: they are extinguished, they are quenched like a wick.
18. Remember not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
19. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
20. The beast of the field shall honor me, the jackals and the ostriches: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
21. This people have I formed for myself; they shall show forth my praise.
22. But you have not called upon me, O Jacob; but you have been weary of me, O Israel.
23. You have not brought me the sheep of your burnt offerings; neither have you honored me with your sacrifices. I have not caused you to serve with grain offerings, nor wearied you with incense.
24. You have bought me no sweet cane with money, neither have you filled me with the fat of your sacrifices: but you have made me to serve with your sins, you have wearied me with your iniquities.
25. I, even I, am he that blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and will not remember your sins.
26. Put me in remembrance: let us contend together: state your case, that you may be proved right.
27. Your first father has sinned, and your teachers have transgressed against me.
28. Therefore I have profaned the princes of the sanctuary, and have given Jacob to the curse, and Israel to reproaches.